Friday, October 21, 2011

Under the Friday Night Lights


Headed to one of the last home games of the season tonight. My hubs and I are active in the booster club. Very active. 
Some might say over active (teehee). 

But you know what I love? Despite the late nights and the tugging and pulling equipment on the field as we help with the half time show, it is one of the few places I get to interact with folks who don't go to church...or if they do, they don't necessarily go to my church. 

It's a chance for me to serve their kids,-and be Jesus to them.
To stand alongside them as we support our kids through the high school years-and be Jesus to them. To listen to conversations about the ups and downs of parenting kids today-and be Jesus to them. 

I will admit I'm weary of high school band-it's so demanding-but I'm so thankful, and I want to be over thankful for this chance-to be Jesus on the sidelines of the football field, under the Friday night lights!

No comments: