Wednesday, February 20, 2013

...by our love

I love my church, and today was reminded how special it is.  I went into the Christian bookstore to pick up a book, and when checking out the clerk asked me what church I worked at.

I quickly told her the name and location.  Her eyes got really big, and she said, "Oh praise the Lord.!" I can't believe this! I've been wanting to come to your church.  She said that she passes by the church every day, and something seems to be pulling her to visit. She explained a little about being on the search for a new place to worship, where she can really fit in. 

She went on to tell me about some of the times she's been to our church for our Live Nativity at Christmas, and how the people are always so welcoming and and friendly, and work together so well.   She mentioned the spirit she always feels and how she loves reading our sign when she's driving by, and on and on she had only good things to say.

I invited her, made sure that she knew about the activities for kids (she has grandchildren), and as I got ready to leave she asked me if she could come around and hug my neck. She said, "I feel like I've met a long lost member of my family!" 

She's right. She will be welcomed just like family and will feel right at home.

So thanks DFC family for the way that you show God's love.
Thanks for welcoming new people with smiling eyes and warm handshakes.
Thanks for making sure their children feel comfortable enough to make the treck down to the children's department.
Thanks for notes and phone calls and meals and rides and including everyone and prayers.

That's the kind of church I get to be a part of!
The kind of church where we are known-by our love.

I can't wait to see Mischelle when she comes to visit! 





No comments: