Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympic Sized Prayers

If you're like me, you're really enjoying the olympics! What is it about seeing those athletes and hearing their stories and watching them compete that is so captivating? For me, I love watching their eyes as they stand on the podium listening to their national anthem; seeing the hugs between strangers from different countries (don't you know the Father smiles at that?), and getting that lump in my throat as the cameras pan to parents who've no doubt sacrificed to get them there!



So I was thinking about how I can be part of the Olympics...now if you know me at all, you know I'm so not coordinated so that would be funny in itself...me being part of the Olympics, but I thought I could be a part of this special time by praying for them! Maybe you'd like to join me. As you watch the games, and see the stories about them, ask God to show you how you can pray for these young athletes, their families and home situations, and the countries that they will return to in just a few days!

Who knows what our Olympic Sized Prayers can do!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea!

I might could compete in some sort of 'special' olympics with my coordination!