Friday, September 18, 2009

I love rain!

It's been raining in Dallas for 7 days straight now. I love it! Here's what I love about the rain:
1. I love the feeling you get when everyone in your family is safe inside your house and it's raining outside.
2. I love it when I wake up and it's raining, and I realize I don't have to get up...I can keep on sleeping.
3. I love the way everything looks after it's rained, especially in the summer, when it's still green, it looks clean and refreshed.
4. I love the excitement in the air if you are out in the rain-like at the grocery store or something...everyone is bustling about wanting to get home so they can experience #1.
5. I love it when I remember to put my umbrella back in my car!

Last night we finally were all at home at the same time and got to experience a little of that comfort feeling of the rain outside and we are inside. We had frito pie and I made banana bread. We watched TV together and laughed, shared a few stories as we'd remember them, and just experienced peace together.

I don't know about you, but in my life, these moments are rare. Maybe that's one of the things that God has in mind for us with rain...not only does rain nourish the soil and all that grows, fills up our streams and rivers and oceans...but what if that's another thing that is accomplished through rain? Slowing down, regroup time, quiet time, together time, remembering that our safety is inside the love of God-as we enjoy the safety inside our home.

Maybe it's far fetched, but maybe...not so much. So thanks God for my time with my family last night. I got it! I so enjoyed it and can't wait for the next time. Maybe I won't have to have a rain storm to make that happen!

No comments: