Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's a secret...sort of

Our senior pastor has been at our church for 10 years. So this weekend we're celebrating that accomplishment as a church. It was supposed to be a secret, but in the reality of suprise parties, surprise visits, etc., I don't think it's much of a suprise anymore. (except there is a little bit of a surpise left, but I won't write it until the weekend is over...I can keep a secret you see!)

Ten years at one church...not a small feat these days. They have stood firmly by what they believe in while facing the usual hardships that go along with ministry; some incredibly heart-breaking, some requiring personal sacrifice, but still they have stood firm.

I'm so thankful to stand beside them in ministry. I'm thankful for the way they have modeled servanthood, integrity and love when many times those things were not returned to them. What a blessing they have been to my family.

No comments: