Saturday, October 31, 2009

Un-Halloween



My Halloween this year was different.  Landry, my son is 15 this year.  So...
no more looking for days and days to choose the perfect costume...
no more trying it on a couple of times before the Halloween-night...
no more tromping up and down the street cheerily singing out "trick or treat"...
no more spreading out all the candy in the floor to examine each piece to see what treasures abound...
am I sad?  Maybe a little...but it wasn't such a bad night.

As a family, we went to the mall today (one of our favorite things) and shopped and people watched...
we went to the snowboard store to dream of gliding down the mountain with ease and style...
  (um...I must say I stayed in the car for this one, let the boys have some guy time!)
we went to dinner at a restaurant where-if your plate falls on the floor it will break...
we had a fun conversation.

We talked a little about scary movies, and I reminded them of the Halloween when a man gave Landry all his leftover candy (Lollipops from Valentines, Chocolate bunnies from Easter, and Candy Canes from Christmas).  We just enjoyed spending time with each other.

So it wasn't so bad, this un-Halloween.  I wouldn't trade a plastic pumpkin full of Reese Cups and Snicker Bars for it!

No comments: