Monday, May 17, 2010

This is why I Love Being a Children's Pastor #5 Their Faith is Huge

When I say, "sometimes I learn more from the kids than they learn from me", that's for real! I've heard Sunday School teachers say that for many years, and to be honest, I may have uttered an internal "whatever" before, but I gotta say, it's as true as the sky is blue!

I love this picture of my great-nephew.  He is ready. He is standing firm.  And he is expecting big things to happen!

That's how it is with kids and their faith!   We tell them about an all-powerful God...a three-in-one kind of God!  They can have a relationship with him, and read about the over-the-top miracles that are in the Bible...and yet sometimes when it gets right down to it, their faith is bigger than ours. 

I've seen this over and over praying with kids at church.  I ask them to pray about something, they do, and they believe that their prayers are going to be answered...as true as the sky is blue. 

So this is what I've learned. 
Bring my petitions to God in prayer.
Pray in faith BELIEVING.
Leave them there.
I'm not big enough to answer them anyway.

I do believe, Lord, help my unbelief.  Mark 9:24

No comments: